The Raines Group Top 5
Top 5 for Seniors in Central Ohio
For those ages fifty-five and up looking to lead an active lifestyle, the Central Ohio area will not disappoint. If you've recently relocated, you might be interested to know what senior-friendly activities are close to your home. Check out these Top 5 fun opportunities for Central Ohio senior citizens.
1. Columbus Metro Parks The Metro Parks are a group of 16 metropolitan parks in and around Columbus. They feature everything from walking trails to ball fields, lakes to park recreation programming. It's a great way to get out, enjoy the weather, get some exercise and meet new people!
2. Slate Run Historical Farm When you visit, you and your family will experience first-hand what life was like on an Ohio farm. Features on site include the gardens, barns and farmhouse, farm costumed staff and volunteers going about their daily chores. Pigs, geese, turkeys, Percheron horses and other heirloom animals are also on site!
3. Columbus Zoo This non-profit zoo in Powell, sits on land that lies along the eastern banks of the O'Shaughnessy Reservoir on the Scioto River. Among other things that families will enjoy, this zoo features an aquarium and an array of wildlife.
4. Thurber House Located in Columbus, the Thurber House offers a space, "Where laughter, learning, and literature meet." Attend events like Evenings with Authors and The Author's Table to read and discuss nationally recognized writers and authors.
5. Kelton House Museum & Garden This museum offers a look into both the past and present, as it preserves past artifacts of our history as well as educates the community. The landscaping and fine details featured within the museum are stunning!