Central Ohio: New Albany, Blacklick, and Gahanna Communities
Your comprehensive resource for Central Ohio including: New Albany, Gahanna, and Blacklick communites. Whether you're interested in getting involved in the community or just taking in the various things the commuinty has to offer, it's good to know whats going on. With New Albany, Gahanna, and Blacklick in such close proximity it's easy to find fun entertainment and convenient recreation for people of all ages. Below is a list of recreation centers, local attractions and a calendar of what's going on in the local communities
New Albany, Ohio is a great community for local entertainment, arts and recreation centers.
- New Albany Country Club: Health Club, Tennis Courts, Three Resturants, Club House, Ballroom, 5 swimming pools, and 18 tennis courts.
- New Albany Parks and Recreation Thompson Park, Wexner Park, Bevelhymer Park are three community parks within New Albany that offer both adult and youth sports leagues. You can view the sports recreation calendar here.
- Plain Township Aquatic Center: Swimming, Swimming Lessons, and Swim & Diving Teams. For fees and membership click here or call 614-775-9430.
- The New Albany Youth Soccer League Junior Cup This will take place at Bevelhymer Park. May 11-May 12.
- New Albany Founder's Day Festival: Celebrate all that New Albany has to offer on Saturday, May 18th!
- Red Cross Blood Drive Donate blood at the Red Cross Blood Drive from 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m on May 23rd at the Mount Carmel New Albany Surgical Hospital Foundation Auditorium.
- Run 4 The Rainbow: At 7pm on June 14th, join Circle of Friends for a 5K run/walk to support pediatric cancer research. Registration ranges from $20-$35.
- Relay for Life - Girls Night Out: Support Relay for Life and the American Cancer Society while enjoying food, drinks, "trick-or-treating for grown-ups", and various vendors. Friday, June 28 at Courtyard New Albany (5211 Forest Dr.). Tickets are $5. Call: 614-488-5777 for more info.
- Farm Stand: Selections of tasty, fresh-picked, organic produce and other products from the farm. Selection varies week to week. Every Tuesday, 3:00PM-7:00PM, at Shepherd's Corner: 987 N Waggoner Road, Blacklick, OH 43004. Farm Stand is currently closed for the winter months but will re-open in the spring.
- Jefferson Community Farmers Market: Every Saturday from 9:00AM-Noon, at Jefferson Community Park, 7494 Clark State Rd. Shoppers will find an array of fresh produce, baked goods, jam, honey, heirloom vegetables, freshly-baked scones, organically grown meats and produce, herbs, plants, cut flowers, and more. Special events all summer--bluegrass bands, friendly alpacas, antique tractors, and other attractions. Weekly drawings for prizes. Vendors of home-grown/home-made products always welcome.
- Cloak and Dagger: Enjoy the unique combination of fine dining and live entertainment at the Cloak & Dagger Dinner Theatre. "Where mystery & comedy are always on the menu!" Public performances on Fridays & Saturdays, doors open at 7:00pm.
- The Pushers: The Pushers music project specializes in “mashes” taking the bestparts of popular pop-rock, funk, and classic rock songs, and puttingthem into long jolting long song sections. May 24, 2013, 9:00 PM @ Shepherd’s Corner
- Farm Fresh 5K: The Farm Fresh 5K is an all-terrain family friendly Run/Walk which supports our “Feed the Hungry” program. June 8, 2013 9:00 AM Shepherd’s Corner
- Promise Ball 2013 – Faces of a Cure Come out and support research for Type 1 Diabetes by attending the Promise Ball. Purchase tickets to attend by May 9 or help out by donating an item for auction. The Ball takes place May 11 at the Archie Griffin Ball Room in the Ohio Union at Ohio State University.
- Color Mania 5K: Grab your teammates or come solo, but be ready for a "crazy colorful good time". Participate in the Color Mania 5K on June 8th, starting at 9am. Your shirt may be white when you start ... but it'll be a rainbow of colors when you leave! Dye is safe and biodegradable. Registration: $40.
- Columbus 10K: Ready to take on more than 3.1 miles? Come out on June 9 for the 36th Annual Columbus 10K (that's 6.2 miles). Registration ranges from $25-$45.
- Skate For Hope: Show your support breast cancer research and enjoy a figure skating show with pros and local skaters alike! Check out Skate For Hope on Saturday, June 15th. Tickets range from $15-$70.
- Herb Day Herb Day offers a variety of herbal activities and speakers relatingto herbs with fantastic herbal vendors and lots of great foods to sampleand purchase. Saturday, May 11, 2013 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- ARTcade Day Head over to Friendship Park during Herb Day for live music, kid’s activities, children’s stories and more. Its starts at 12 p.m. on May 11.
- Music in the Park: Lone Raven Come out and listen to the Celtic performance of Lone Raven on May 31 at 7 p.m
- 15th Annual Creekside Blues & Jazz Festival The Creekside Blues & Jazz Festival is a three day culturalcelebration featuring hundreds of musicians, delicious cuisine, artisans from the region, rides and engaging family activities. June 14-16, 2013
May 27: No School (Memorial Day)
May 30: Last Day of School for Students
May 27: Schools Closed (Memorial Day)
May 30: Last Day of School for Students (Traditional)
June 13: Last Day of School for Students (Year-round)
Blacklick Elementary Local Schools
No events at this time.
May 27: No School (Memorial Day)
June: Class of 2013 Commencement
June 4: Last Day of School
- Grandview Heights
- Olentangy (Powell)
- Canal Winchester
- Southwestern City Schools
- New Albany
- Upper Arlington
- Licking Heights (Pataskala)
- Southwest Licking (Pataskala)